The country’s mature financial services industry, established infrastructure, progressive government, tax neutral environment and luxury lifestyle all have been cultivated very carefully to position it as a centre for international business.
The Commonwealth of The Bahamas welcomes International Investors who wish to establish a business in The Bahamas. All non-Bahamians or Permanent Residents seeking to do business in The Bahamas must submit a Project Proposal to the Bahamas Investment Authority (BIA).
Additionally, from time to time, the Government of The Bahamas offers targeted investment incentives for particular types of projects.
All non-Bahamians, Permanent Residents or Citizens seeking to access concession pursuant to the Government’s targeted investment incentive must also submit a Project Proposal to the Bahamas Investment Authority (BIA).
There are no requirements for Bahamians to qualify for this service. Non-Bahamians must meet a minimum capital investment of BS$500,000 and the proposed investment must not be in an area reserved for 100% Bahamian participation.
Interested persons must:
- be Non-Bahamian.
- have a minimum investment of BS$500,000.00
- be interested in an area that isn't reserved for 100% Bahamian participation
- Submit a Project Proposal, along with supporting documents to the Bahamas Investment Authority.
- The BIA will process the application and submit the same to the National Economic Council for a determination.
- Depending on the nature of the proposed business activity, the relevant Government Ministry or Agency would be consulted for input:
- Ministry of the Environment.
- Ministry of Works and Transport.
- Ministry of Housing.
- Respective Family Island Local Government.
- Once a determination has been made, the BIA will communicate to the applicant in writing.
- Once approval is obtained, the BIA also coordinates with other Government agencies and facilitates the implementation of projects.
A Project Proposal, following the BIA Project Proposal Guidelines
- Copies of Passport
- Bank reference
- Character reference
- Police record
- Copy of application for Crown Land (if applicable)
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Proof of financial capability
A determination is communicated within 60 days following the submission of a completed Project Proposal.
There is no deadline.
There are no fees associated with this service.
VISIT OUR LUXURY LISTINGS IN THE BAHAMAS